Help with shallow well

We live in central Florida, and are interested in establishing a shallow well for lawn irrigation purposes. Are there any experienced hands at this that can offer some HOPE, STRENGTH & EXPERIENCE on this issue. My husband and I would like to do this on our own if possible. Thank you in advance for your help.