help with removing faucet

Hi,
Any advice on using basin wrench/break away spray to get the mounting nuts off an old sink? TNT? I can't see how they would get these things on that tight to begin with, they are so recessed.
thx
itchy

Do you suppose they were tightened by a socket wrench?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

They make a special T handled wrench that has an opening that looks like Channel Lock pliers. Any plumbing supply house, Home depot or yard sale. Called a basin wrench.
Steve
internaughtfull wrote:

Rent or buy a basin wrench. If that don't work cut the nut with a dremel cut wheel.
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:18:02 -0700 (PDT), internaughtfull

If it is like the ones I dealt with a while back, the nut is surrounded by a metal piece so closely that a socket won't fit. If that is the case, get a socket that almost fits, hold it on and beat it until it stays. Yes it sucked! At least I didn't break the sink.

Discovered that a cordless drill and a basic wood/metal/plastic bit can drill thru the nut in two spots which allows easy removal with needlenose pliers. The T bar on the basin wrench got bent with an extension it was stuck so tightly. Anyway, the brass nut drills thru fairly easily.