HELP with Goo-Gone spill!!

Page 2 of 2

I agree - the finish is now missing. You might need to refinish the stone.
--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com
Dymphna wrote:

Finish on stone? Never heard of such a thing. Some sort of sealer?
Back in the stone age when I was actually seeing stone put in, it was just cut, sometimes sorta polished, and installed. Limestone (and brick) around fireplaces would usually get that nasty black color to it (being porous and all, and sucking up the smoke), so I guess it doesn't surprise me that somebody developed a sealer for that application.
-- aem sends...
bstevens wrote:

Propane torch? You clean fingerprints from the wall that way too? Heck, the company has instructions for it's products on the web, as well as customer service numbers:
http://www.magicamerican.com/googone/solutions.aspx
Since several uses end with instructions to wash with water, it seems logigal to try to wash it off. I would pile old towels around the hearth to keep water off the carpet. Then lay soaking-wet towel on the spot, let it soak, suck up with shop-vac. Repeat as needed. With a brand new house, I'd be inclined to run that scenario past the tech support at the mfg.
I've used cat litter to soak up spilled motor oil on concrete - works fine on the oil but leaves some gray residue - probably micro-particles of litter - on the concrete. Scary to use on a brand new hearth, but might work. You might also contact your insurance company - ya never know how helpful folks can be until you ask. Let us know :o)
In article

You might try buying some "Spill Magic." It is made to soak up oil spills. Check your local auto supply store (Auto Zone, eg.).
--
8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~