Help with GE Potscrubber Dishwasher

I have a GE Potscrubber 2230 that's about 12 years old. It came with the house I bought and every since we bought the house, it has a problem where it will run normally for about 33 minutes of the 44 minutes it's set for and then quit with a C5 error code. At this point, there's still water in the bottom of the machine but the soap cup is opened, leading me to believe that the wash is complete and it's just the rinse that never happens. The water won't pump out unless I let the machine sit for about 20 to 30 minutes, at which time, I unlatch and relatch the door and the pump kicks in to remove all the water.

Anyway, someone I know who just redid his kitchen had the same dishwasher and had a similar problem a few years ago. He had his fixed by replacing the whole control console. He gave me the part to try in mine.

Here's my question.

Before I fiddle with this thing, are there any tricks to removing the console I should know about? It looks like the whole inside of the door comes off, and I'd imagine that would provide access to the part I'm replacing. Is this right or is there some other way to get to the console?

Reply to
jeffg

Hi,

GE model#'s normally start with letters....

model# helps.

A copy: Dishwasher Fault Codes - From Late 1990's forward C5 - Low water fill - Check for low water pressure to unit, usually an indication of a bad water inlet valve

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid