Help with door repair screw up!

I need some help with a door repair gone wrong... We have metal door with a wood core that hangs on the North side of the house. It has begun to stick lately and my friend tried to repair it this morning. Somehow the metal lip caught on the door jamb and has seperated from the wood. Now we are unable to open the door without the metal seperating.
Is there any way to fix this problem? PLEASE!
What is the proper way to fix the door so that it doesn't stick?
Thank you so much!
<< Is there any way to fix this problem? >>
Pretty doubtful. The door was already in trouble when the repair attempt was made. At this point the best option may be to head for the lumber yard and get a whole new door and frame assembly, although it may be possible to find just a door with the right dimensions. If the project seems overwhelming get a tradesman to help. Good luck.
Joe
Hi,
You can try some different adhesives to glue it back together. JB Weld or even PL 400. Check your hinges and see if they are loose for the sticking problem. metal doors are the worst ones to fix so you might consider a new solid core door rather than messing with it too much.
candice

stronger. Just mix it well, brush or spread it on both separated surfaces - you may have to bend the metal back further to apply the glue - then clamp it for a day using several C-Clamps preferably with plywood strips to assure even pressure over the damaged area. After removing the clamps and excess glue, study the door in closed postion, and see if it squares up with the jamb. You either have sagging hinges or hinge screws, a swollen or wet jamb, or the door was installed in too small a jamb. If it is just a hinge problem, you can loosen the jamb side of the hinge screws, pry and prop the door from the bottom and retighten or move the screws. Also, for this part of the job, change friends!