Help with desk!

Is construction adhesive a glue? If so, then no. The one piece is totally broken. And I can't change the tray.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Yes, it's glue. Dries like a rock.

I was thinking of attaching a board or plastic to the bottom of the keyboard tray with a edge that sticks out for a mouse tray. Leave the tray, just add an extension.

Reply to
Dan Espen

If the broken piece is Styrene,butyrate, ABS or acrylic you may be able to repair it with Ambroyd ProWeld. Won't make it any better than the crap it was when you bought it though.. Mabee make a replacement part out of wood - is it the actual mouse tray that is broken, or the slide it fits into? If the tray - no problem. If the slide part, good luck

Reply to
clare

You'll just have to do without the tray. This is why I avoid keyboard/mouse trays. Most are junk and poorly designed. That besides the bad ergonomics. Even the ones on most of the commercial office desks, which is where I learned to avoid them. Better off with a sturdy table for a computer or big old "traditional" desk. You found out the hard way.

Reply to
Vic Smith

From the problems you have had, the numerous fixes you've tried that have failed, other recommendations that have been offered that for whatever reason, in your opinion, won't work it's time to resign yourself to the fact that your desk is a piece of crap. Get rid of it and buy something of higher quality. You'll be glad you did.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Okay. Thanks!

Reply to
Julie Bove

The slide is broken. :(

Reply to
Julie Bove

Thanks! Yeah. Bro and SIL are both programmers. They don't use the trays.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Not an option.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Then just glue the tray in place with construction adhesive and be done with it.

Reply to
clare

Can you explain in more detail?

Reply to
Guv Bob

I can't! The piece that would hold it there is broken to the point where there is a chunk missing now.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Can you explain in more detail?

Reply to
Julie Bove

Glue the top of the mouse tray to the bottom of the keyboard tray - permanently - no adjustment. That "snot" will fill a pretty good gap and still hold tight.

Reply to
clare

Okay. Thanks!

Reply to