Help with Ariens snowblower repair

Looking for suggestions on how to remove the Fan [impeller] from the drive shaft.

Model: Ariens H70 1973 vintage 910995

It has two pins holding the fan to the drive shaft, but the fan appears to be frozen to the shaft.

What has worked for you:?

  1. heat from torch 2. wheel puller 3. hitting shaft with large hammer 4. ALL of the above 5. press it out

Thanks, //John

Reply to
John Arduino

I've not done one, but I have a friend who did. Said it was miserable job.

I've found though that mapp gas and acetylene are much hotter than propane. And that mechanical pullers have more force than just yanking on it.

Have you considered a sawzall? Just cut away anything that doesn't look like a motor shaft.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn