Help with Ariens EZR transaxle

I have an Ariens EZR 1742 mower that just stopper driving the left wheel when I dissassembles it I found that the puller driving the transaxle was wobling and obviously not turning the shaft My problem is that this pulley is attached with a lock nut and I can't figure out how to put resistance on the shaft so I can remove the nut Where this is an hydraulic transmission locking the brakes or tires doesn't transfer to the input pulley and the shaft with teh nut on it is completely covered bu the pulley shaft . The ariens parts radar shows that these parts are available as replacements so there must be a way to remove them and I'm hoping somebody's seen this before Thanks in Advance Bob

Reply to
Boborann

Try an air driven ratchet. They usually turn fast enough with a slight impact type blow, that they will spin the nut off.

DanG