Help with 4 cycle trimmer please.

I have just bought a used Craftsman 4 cycle trimmer which has a Briggs & Stratton engine (model 21032).
It seems to work very well but, if I stop it after it is well warmed up, it refuses to start again. Gas oozes out of the carb., as if it is flooded but the plug is dry. After completly cooling down, it will crank up and run normally again.
Could that be a stuck, or dirty, needle valve causing this?
I have tried putting the gas cap to my mouth and blowing through it and it doesn't seem to be blocked.
Your help will be appreciated.
Lewis.
***********************************
" Gas oozes out the carb " IT is Flooded.....
So what do I do to fix it?
Lewis.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in message

as a general rule, it means the float isnt floating properly and needs fixing or replacing.
randy

Once you stop the engine, the fuel "boils" in the carb, and won't make it to the combustion chamber. This is not terribly uncommon in Air Cooled Engines with short intakes. About the only way to deal with this is to let it cool or induce cooling with air (compressed air if you've got it)............once it is running the venturi in the carb keeps it cool enough by pressure drop , which causes the cooling effect, keeping the fuel from boiling til it gets to the combustion chamber.
The process you are using already, is sufficient if you can't cool the engine with other means.
Sorry , this is not much actual help, but maybe some education for some.
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:50:14 GMT, MUADIB

If that is the case, maybe he could build some sort of metal housing around it, and connect a garden hose, and let the hose run all the time. The expelled air would serve as a lawn watering device at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone....

That'd be water cooled then,................No fun at all.
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB