Help - Wheelchair impossible on my rugs.

My condolences, Duke. I am eight years post-op for heart surgery, and take coumadin every day because of an artificial valve. I have had a few incidents with some bruises and injuries, but lucky so far. I, too, take pain meds for degenerative bone disease.

Start calling around to EVERY local, state, and federal place you can find that offers assistance. Perhaps they can hook you up with a chair that has wider wheels that not only would be more stable, but possibly motorized. I have heard that Hover (not sure of spelling) has gotten people chairs that are 100% paid for by government grants. Call wheelchair suppliers and ask if they have government assisted programs. They will do all the paperwork, and you just might have a new buggy sitting in your living room very soon. You've paid in a lot of taxes in your life, so get on the horn and see if you qualify to get some help back.

Life with a motorized chair with wider wheels sounds like a winner for you and the missus.

Take care, and God bless.

Steve

Visit my blog at

Steve B

Whoa, there's a clot filter? I'll have to investigate that and incorporate it into my website. Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

wrote

He could have spelled it koommidin and I'd know what he meant. He also included (spelling?) if you didn't notice.

Oh, my. What if it's not coumadin, but warfarin? Coumadin is a brand name, but the it is so available now in generic. Most people still call it coumadin. It was first made from clover hay, and was discovered by a veterinarian. It was noticed as a treatment for humans when an armed forces inductee tried to overdose on it, and they noticed that it drastically reduced his blood coagulating capability.

Steve

Visit my blog at

Steve B

Yes. Google it up. Filter is inserted in groin and deployed in inferior vena cava just below where kidneys dump in. It opens like an umbrella and has little feet to secure it to the vein wall. The ribs are twisted and if a clot leaves the leg it gets tangled in the filter where it gradually dissolves. Massive clotting could clog it up but if this happens and clots reach your lungs, you're a goner. Pulmonary emboli are a major cause of death.

I thought it was permanent but they can remove it. Filter would not help with clots that form in the heart. I guess they could put filters in other veins.

Reply to
Frank

Not really. Those clear plastic runners have a tapered edge and if the pile on the carpeting is indeed as deep as the OP says, they will sink in flush and not cause any problems whatsoever.

Reply to
mkirsch1

I did notice, which is why I bothered to send the right spelling. Did not intend to make it criticism.

Reply to
norminn

Only problem, considering age, is that someone walking might trip on the edge.

Reply to
norminn

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:58:47 -0700, "Steve B" wrote: e.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Now I am investigating a TSS300 power chair from the Scooter Store. I am hoping Medicare and my supplement BS/BC will cover it.

Duke

Reply to
jw

GET YOUR FILTERS CHANGED! THIS WEEK ONLY! $19,000.95 WITH COUPON!

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

replying to jw, Gabe wrote: Even very short Restaurant type carpet without any pad is difficult to maneuver. I would think pneumatic (air) type of tire would work better for carpet?

Reply to
Gabe

replying to jw, Julie wrote: I will be praying for you and your wife. God bless her.

Reply to
Julie