HELP! What is this thing? (pic link)

Bought a house and the sellers left this thing on the wall in the garage. It's about 12" by 12" or so, protrudes 3-4" from the wall. Obviously? a bracket to hold something, but what? Specifically, what are those little metal loops that hang down for?
TIA,
Rick rgmjr at texas dot net
http://rgmjr.home.texas.net/thing.jpg

The two loops are for hanging brooms or mops. The pockets are for cleaners/paper towels, etc.
Steve
You pull out a loop and slip the broom or mop handle up through it and let it hang.

top is for putting a mop head in, with the handle hanging down through the space in the center.

Thanks for the replies. I kinda thought that's what the hoops were for, but I guess you need brooms with small diameter handles because mine won't fit. Even then, seems to be more of a pain than it's worth, huh?
Thanks again,
Rick
Rick

Nehmo It's a torture device; I refrain from further detail so to spare the sensibilities of those in this group.
--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

It's for hanging TROLLS !!!