help w/ leaking farberware water urn

Farberware has no repair resources anymore. I have two of these 36+ cup hot water urns to fix. the easiest one to fix ( I guess) is the one with the leaking washer connecting the spout to the body. Do I need a special type of washer for this repair? It seems like the original one has melted a bit ( I can see it squeesing out from the connection). Does farberware make these appliances to self destruct. Another older urn I've been saving in my basement has a bad heating element. and another (was my parent's ) has a base which has cracked from heat. (aren't these supposed to get hot?) Any suggestions would be appreciated. They are such nice looking urns I would just like to fix them.

Reply to
dkorb1

Google Farberware repair

First hit:

DerbyDad03

How old are each of these things?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

these repair places only have a few random parts barely any working parts ie they have a coffee basket inserts or urn covers . I've looked them all up.

Reply to
dkorb1

They are not antique. the same models are still sold . The one with the leak was almost never used and kept in storage. I used it for two weeks when it began leaking.

Reply to
dkorb1

Sorry to have bothered you.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Had the same problem leaking. Bought a nylon washer at hardware store for 20 cents. You can fix with a small crescent wrench taking off the fitting inside of the urn. Take the spout to the hardware store to get the right size washer,. So far so good.

Reply to
Newport Bill

A picture would be worth 1000+ words.......

Reply to
hrhofmann