HELP: stump removal

Dad had a small bulldozer back on the farm, we'd tie a choker to a stump and slap the dozer in low/low pulling most stumps right out of the ground. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Probably, but it's the end of the job and there's always a few spare chains in the truck. The guy at the shop sharpens for 4 bucks each and I usually take him 10-12 at a time for my two saws.

Reply to
83LowRider

That's exactly what I used. I got 1/2 inch deep in 10 minutes.

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Takes about five minutes with a file to touch them up yourself, and it's not a difficult skill to learn.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

any chance you had the drill running in reverse?

Reply to
bob haller

I tried but did not succeed learning the process. I let my brother use the HF chain sharpener. You need carbide for stumps.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Yep, to the TOP poster.

I have used sawzall but that requires hard blades. A good soak and burn might be enough to stop growth.

I might just try drilling holes and salt. I might try just covering for a NO LIGHT situation. It's looking for light.

Greg

Reply to
gregz