HELP: stump removal

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 00:14:33 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

That's exactly what I used. I got 1/2 inch deep in 10 minutes.

any chance you had the drill running in reverse?
On 1/29/2012 2:39 PM, Cliff Hartle wrote:

Great article reference. Exactly what to do.
It seems the OP's prime problem is either the bit or drill motor that he is using. I've had the best luck when doing this stuff to use a paddle bit at the highest speed possible. Stop and clear chips as required. Buy more than one bit or keep a file handy. I suspect he used a twist bit the first time, though I don't know how he was getting ten inches deep with a regular one. Extra depth on a speed bore requires an extension: type speedbor in google. A ship auger should work well also, but much more expensive.
--

Keep the whole world singing . . .

Did you ever hear the expression: "There's a Sucker born every minute"? Now you know why they say that!!!! :)
(And if you happen to own a rooster, keep him away from those suckers, or you know what you'll end up with......)
Zz Yzx wrote:

Dynamite. Try half a stick first :)
--

dadiOH