HELP! sprinkler system

I have installed a sprinkler system in my backyard and ran into some problems. I hooked up an anti-siphon valve in the front yard that goes to three valves. Two of the valves go to the backyard for the sprinkler system. I have them hooked up to a Rainbird electrical controller. The problem I have is with the second valve that is set up for the east portion of the sprinkler heads. With the second valve I have 11 sprinkler heads and with the third valve I have 10 sprinkler heads setup, which is on the west side of the backyard. Anyway, all was well for the first week and then my east set of sprinkler heads, which is on the second valve, only goes to about half of its "flow potential", it's as if those sprinkler heads are now not getting enough pressure for them to run at their greatest potential. Now the east side of the backyard get flooded near those heads because the water just shoots out about two feet. I checked the second valve, valve in question, and opened it up to see if there was any objects blocking the valve. The valve looked clean and good-to-go. I tested the sprinkler system again and the same problem occurred. I have pop-up sprinkler heads that do not go all the way up on this second valve. I decided, while they were running, to pull the pop-up head on one of the sprinklers connected to the second valve and they all then popped up and seem to work correctly. What is going on? Can anyone help me on this issue?

Thanks, prs1972

Reply to
the insurance guy

Pop ups and 10-11 per circuit... Depending on your heads sounds like twice as many as you should have. I run 2 heads per circuit, they throw 25 feet ish. Works every time. Did you run 3/4 to the sprinkler then neck it down? If you ran 1/2 inch to back yard it is probably to small to deliver enough volume to make the sprinklers work properly. Or maybe I do not have a clue and am off base in the twilight light zone. Try plugging 1/2 of the sprinklers and see what kind of operation you get. If that works then try one more till it fails.

Reply to
SQLit

I have to agree with the previous poster on this. sounds like too many heads on a zone. what's your supply size (1/2" ,3/4"),poly size, pressure ,flow rate. I'm a superintendent at a golf course and around the club house Ihave 16 rainbirds hooked up to one zone and with my 5 horsepower pump all I get is a trickle except when my 30 horsepower kicks in and that's through 2" line.put a pressure gauge on some heads but i'm guessing your pressure is low at the end of the line.

Reply to
anonymous