HELP - Soap for pressure washing a house

I have a pressure washer. I plan to wash my house - siding and roof.

The siding is T-111 siding painted with gray latex stain. The roof is covered with fiberglass shingles.

I understand there is stuff you can spray on - let it set - and then wash it off. It will take off dirt - algae - fungus - etc.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Everhart

Harry,

Home Depot/Lowes sells this stuff in the same area as the pressure washers are located......but it didn't do me any good.

What I ended up doing is mixing bleach (cheap) 50-50 with water in a pail and lightly brushed it onto the siding. I let it sit for about 30 minutes and then took the pressure washer and washed it off. Excellent results. Just don't suck the bleach solution into your pressure washer as it will ruin the O-rings and seals.

Harry Everhart wrote:

Reply to
Joey

Some pressure washers are designed with a downstream system to use bleach.

Reply to
Art

I concur, I don't even mix the bleach that strong but I actually use it for cement as well. It really works great. A few cups of bleach mixed with a few gallons of water. I normally use one of those pump up sprayers and then let it sit for 5-10 minutes before washing it off.

Reply to
HotRod

"HotRod" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Would the bleach kill foundation plants? (splashing around)

JJ

Hi JJ -

Thanks for this page - it is very good information.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Everhart