Help - Shelves are falling out of the wall...

HI ~

There are three shelves in my office/junkroom that are screwed into the wall (drywall) with screws into plastic anchors. They held for a couple of years, but now the top screw came loose and left a big hole. What can I fill the hole with that I can screw into to keep the shelf in place?

Thanks,

Bluesman

Reply to
Bluesman

How the hell do you screw a shelf directly to a wall? The thing needs to be supported at the ends. And along the length if other than quite short.

No matter, make new holes and use molly bolts. Or toggle bolts. Better, afix a nailing strip to the wall, screwing into studs, and attach the shelf to it.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Bolt into the studs. Surprised they stayed up a couple of years.

Reply to
NorMinn