Help- rotted out wood at base of door jam problem

The same way the stucco became tan...color additives to the stuff. Or paint.

Reply to
dadiOH

Actually - having looked at the photos again - I figure it is paint...to get stucco that light with additives, they would have had to use white cement.

Reply to
dadiOH

Well, it's your house...

Reply to
dpb

On 07/19/2014 8:51 AM, DaveT wrote: ...

I'd probably have pulled the existing brick mould and only poured a few inches above the walk level on each side and finished that as described before with a sloped top and rounded edge. Then I'd have repaired/replaced the moulding.

Reply to
dpb

"Quikrete" is a trademarked brand name for various premixed concrete products. How thick they are is totally dependent on the amount of water used; just like concrete you mix it to the consistency needed for the pour to be made. In a small area as I suggested with a sand mix, it would be mixed fairly wet and one would use a poker rod to ensure filling forms entirely, just like pouring a basement wall in smaller scale. It would have been about a 30 minute job forming and pouring each as suggested I'd guess, roughly.

Reply to
dpb