Help, removing a wall mount TV

Page 3 of 3
On Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:27:29 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

WOW. Someone please raise a flag, and do it quickly in honor of this godly being! Apparently we have found the real Mr. Perfect.
Congratulations for being so superior to everyone else. I hope someone gave you a trophy for being such a goodie - goodie. I bet you were the teachers pet too, and tattled on all the other kids when you were in school!
And just so you know, while I was having a little fun on the computer at work, everyone else was reading some crappy magazines, in between jobs. I just happen to hate magazines. Never found one I liked!
On 02/10/2016 02:07 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I'd *NEVER* fuck with a corporate computer. The potential damage to a network of 100,000+ computers is staggering. Not the kind of attention I want from my boss.
But hey, don't let me stop you. Knock yourself out. Hack away.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo posted for all of us...

Your post is outlandish. I'm sure Mr. Fretwell is capable of defending himself if needed.
OTOH you are a known turd and can't be picked up by a clean end.
--
Tekkie

Ok. So how would one go about removing a 55 inch Vizio from the wall when some idiot removed the release straps during installation? I really don't want to destroy the tv in the process.
Can someone help me un install my tv mounted to the wall?im alone so i cant take it out
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 8:22:02 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sure, what's your address?
On 9/16/2016 7:19 AM, bob_villa wrote:

I'll bring the beer.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

If you are female post a picture of YOU. Then link to it here.
If you are male then detail the menu of tasty treats and refreshing beverages so we can make plans. Lobster is a favorite of mine.
--
Tekkie

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 10:56:03 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The steps shown here will allow you to remove the TV from the wall without destroying the TV. The beauty of this method is that it can be used from in front of the TV or from behind it.
http://www.foxpaintingllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/work-087.jpg
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Good answer. This is the universal method when these type of pesky problems arise. It is certainly better than using a hydraulic jack in terms of leaving a cleaner aperture. If we knew what model number of the mount and TV we could present a more definitive answer. Does the OP check back? Hello, hello, we need more details.
--
Tekkie

+1 In the skool system I worked for the teachers would take them home for months and use their home n/w. They would ave their spouses 'Oh he works with computers and knows what he's doing'. They wouldn't even bring them in when they had an in-service and it was required. They would come over and beg for one to use. Never tell a teacher or administrator no. All clouds descend upon you. We had one boss that we had to ask for every individual case whether to re-image it or try to fix it. Then the teacher would stand there like 'what's taking you so long?' and pouting. It was THEIR computer...
I will stop my rant here before all nod off.
--
Tekkie

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 4:17:10 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Not only would it be really tough to tamper with our OS due to admin rights, but they refresh the image on a regular basis so even if you could, you might get to play for a week at best.
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 2:13:33 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Let's say our systems had lots of your personal/medical/financial data on them, like maybe a doctor's office or an insurance company (which is not where I work, those are just examples)
Wouldn't you want us to "keep the spies out" as well as "keep the data in"?
On 2/9/2016 7:37 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I suppose, but I could not work in that sort of environment. I have an incredible amount of freedom to do as I please. Friends have often asked why I don't fully retire until I tell them what my typical work day is. Arrive at work. Push button to open the door to the heated garage. Make tea. While brewing, start computer Drink tea and BS with co-worker Walk through shop and say "good morning" to everyone. Read a couple of utility meters used to track efficiency of operation. Check email Check personal email You get the idea. Oil change needed? I'll be back in an hour.
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 8:54:09 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

An "environment" that ensures that personal data is seriously protected doesn't preclude "freedom". Other than the "meters" and "personal email" items, I can do everything else on your list. Heck, I could go days without even showing up.
If you are picturing me chained to a desk with an whip wielding ogre standing over me, well, that's not even close. It's our systems that are locked down, not me. ;-)
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Where do I apply? I'm sure they wouldn't have any objection to my walker as it would increase their disabled employee count.
--
Tekkie

On Sunday, February 7, 2016 at 10:44:05 PM UTC-5, Nancy wrote:

My suggestion would be to post a picture of "the hole to unlock the bracket" so we can see what the issue is.
Another option would be to post the model number of the mount.
replying to DerbyDad03 , Nancy wrote:

I appreciate all the responses. However, as I mentioned, I do not have the tool or key to unlock the bracket. I do not believe it is a hex or requires an allen wrench. I have a professional TV installer coming to uninstall current TV and re-install new TV. Hopefully, he will have the tool needed.
On 12/2/2011 1:42 PM, Joe J wrote:

Last month, me and the guys had to mount four 42" flat panel TV/computer displays in a couple of large retail stores. Two at each store with one on a CMU wall and the other on a sheet rock wall. There is a flat horizontal strip with raised edges mounted to the wall for the bracket on the back on the TV to hook on to. The set is secured with two finger latches attached to two long flat pieces of metal that engage the bottom lip of the metal strip mounted to the wall. If you look behind the set, you will see a flat metal finger that moves the flat locking plate when you pull the finger (no pun) down causing the locking plate to disengage from the wall bracket. You can then lift the TV off the wall bracket. It looked like the most common design out there and may resemble what you have.
TDD