Help, removing a wall mount TV

Page 1 of 3
Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom as part of the offer to purchase.
I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.
I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can attach the audio cables for the wireless headset. It has a canvas type cord that drops down and releases a latch on one side. I have tried pulling the release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the bottom and lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go. No set screws visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.
It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks,
I have one that has an Allen wrench screw to dismount it. It is on the round swing left/right part. I have no canvas cord though.
I bet the owners could not figure it out.

I have what may be a similar type mount for a much larger TV, there are two vertical brackets on the back and at the bottom of each there is a catch that needs to be released so that the bottom may be swung away from the wall. Then you lift the whole display up and off the rail near the top of the brackets on which the brackets are hanging. So I am wondering if maybe there's a second cord hidden somewhere (or has fallen off?)
Mine is easier because it's not hanging from a wall but a freestanding stand/console thing, I just pull it away from the wall :P
hope this helps,
nate

I don't know what the "canvas cord" you described is all about, but my mount consists of 2 (maybe 3) pieces.
There's a bracket that attaches to the wall and a bracket (maybe 2, as in a matching pair) that are attached to the TV itself.
Maybe looking at where the TV-side brackets hang on the wall bracket might give you a clue.
Good luck!

http://www.peerlessmounts.com/pcimages/products/large/pm.jpg

Why did you respond to my post with that link?
I'd wager a fair amount that the OP does not have that style of TV or mount.

Because you don't know what it is?

He never mentioned what type of TV that it is. I've seen many CRT TVs that are wall mounted with a tie down/safety belt.

No, he didn't mention what kind of TV it was, but it is 2011 and he did say it's mounted so close to the wall he can't see how it is attached. That sure isn't the mounting in the pic in your link. And I'm betting with Derby that it's flat panel.

Look at the picture you posted and tell me why the OP would be having these issues:
"I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can attach the audio cables for the wireless headset."
"It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything."
Neither of those would be issues with the type of mount found via the link you've provided.
Trust me...I know. I have a TV on a very similar mount in my bedroom.

The picture you linked to showed a canvas type *strap*.
The mount I linked to showed a cord.

OK, you win....<rolling eyes>
On 12/2/2011 11:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Made me look for the evasive "canvas cord" but the pic was too small.

Give up. If it's that close to the wall you won't be able to attach the audio cables and re-mount the TV anyway.
On Dec 2, 4:11pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Like N8N, I have one that has two cords that dangle below the two vertical mounting brackets. You pull them to release the catch and pull out slightly on the bottom of the TV. That gives you room to reach the cables. To remove the TV, you then lift it up about 1/2", as it basicly hanging on the brackets. Sounds like you've found one cord, and there probably is a second one on the other side.

Give up. If it's that close to the wall you won't be able to attach the audio cables and re-mount the TV anyway. _________________________________________ He can shim the bracket
Pin

Rather than strain her eyes, use a pry bar if need be to scrap the tiny TV and buy a 32" for $300 or less. She will thank you profusely and you won't want to sleep.

Check out the Feature video at this site. About 3/4 of the way through, they show the cord being pulled down and the bottom of the TV being pulled away from the wall for access to the cables:
http://www.sanus.com/ca/en/products/visionmount/low-profile-mount/LL11
Here's a link directly to the videos in large format:
http://www.sanus.com/ca/en/productdetail/videoPlayer/product_id/20367

First, it is a flat panel. A 2nd, missing or hidden cord on the other side, might be the answer to my problem. I'll have to look and report back.
I see said the blind man! Yes, there was a second release cord on the other side but it was wound up around the coax and I didn't see it. My wife pulled the two cords and I lifted it off the wall. Thanks people!
In between the bullsh*t, this group is a very handy resource!

Those screws may go into keyhole (the old skeleton key style) holes in the mounting plate. They must be loosened, then the plate lifted about half an inch until the big part of the keyhole aligns with the head of the fastener. Then it pulls straight out.
If that's not it, good luck. Have someone hold the thing while you remove the fasteners.
Steve