Help - Refinish solid door?? Advice

Hello all,

I have a six panel solid wood interior door that was stained with a dark wood stain. Well, the previous owners dog used to scratch at the door near the knob. So it has several scratch marks that have marred the finish and removed the stain. Can I take the door down and lightly sand the scratches down and then restain. Should I sand that area more heavily and then lightly sand the remaining part of the door that has no damage. Advice??? Thanks

John

Reply to
john

Visit

forum and ask there also. Experienced people answer there.

Reply to
nospambob