Help pool liner install

I am trying to install a expandable pool liner in my 24' pool. The kids would like a deeper pool and since I am replacing the liner anyway ...The question I have is what can I place under the liner where the slope for the deep part goes? I had looked at the geotextile(I think thats the way it's spelled),but I do not think it will lay flat and cause wrinkles. Should I just use sand again? The reason I would like the liner underlament is to pervent roots and grass (have big tree near pool).
Thanks for any help Ed
Add pictures here
✖

I think you need to use sand. I bet if I'm wrong, someone will surely correct me.
:)
Add pictures here
✖
Ed Kaz wrote:

It's been many years since I did that but I didn't use anything.
My old liner rotted just above the water line due to the sun. So I cut the old liner to make an apron all around the pool to cover the new liner. That worked quite well.
Add pictures here
✖
our 24-ft diameter x 4' deep round pool is above ground with a flat bottom and sand under liner.
not sure about your description, but here's a google search: http://www.google.com/search?num 0&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2006-18%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=Help+pool+liner+install+deep+end+24%27+sand
Add pictures here
✖
Ed, it looks like the geotextile should work see:
http://www.google.com/search?numP&hl=en&lr=&q Ên+grass+or+weeds+go+through+geotextile
BUT......be advised....nature works in mysterious ways.
sky
Add pictures here
✖