help please

My husband just cleaned the deck furniture (plastic) and now when ever you touch it a powder comes off on you. Is there a way to seal it?

Thanks!

Reply to
FREECYCLEMOM

Dip the furniture in boiling olive oil. Melted bear fat will work too, if you have any. Be sure NOT to use peanut oil!

Reply to
Dan C

touch it a powder comes off on you. Is there a way to seal it?

That means the plastic polymer bonds have been broken, likely by the sun's UV radiation. The damage is irreversible. To extend the life of the furniture paint it with exterior clear varathane.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

Thanks. That's disgusting! The set is only a couple of years old and it wasn't cheap!

Reply to
FREECYCLEMOM

Thanks!

I have been seeing Rustoleum advertising a line of paint that will stick to plastic. It is worth a try.

Steve

Or was that Krylon?

Reply to
SteveB

Ah, ok. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Reply to
FREECYCLEMOM

Steve....It is Krylon, works great. W W

Reply to
Warren Weber

Was it like this before he cleaned it? It could be that the chemicals he used to clean the furniture damaged the plastic. If it was already chalky then, as the other poster said, the furninture has been damaged by the sun.

I've never gotten anything to work once plastic gets to be in this shape. The powderey residue that comes off on you prevents products from adhering the chair and it all peels off in short order.

I have had the best luck with aluminum furniture with replacable cushions. Thsi way every couple years you can throw out the old cushions and have "new wonderful furntiture". If they are directly in the weather aluminum with no cushions seems to hold up best for me.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

I was hoping someone could help me out here I am in need of a wiring diagram for HEIL Oil Fired Furnance Model # KF2 Type D855436 SN 5785A Burner HEIL Active Flame Type SX 11249 This is an early 50's furnace I am in Baltimore MD and if need be I will pay for this Thanks to all for any help

Reply to
rockthenight123