Help - new AC causes low humidity?

Page 2 of 2
David Efflandt posted for all of us....

--
Tekkie

I thought maybe I heard the radio wrong, but found it on NOAA ($2 for a report). Fortunately I was on a jet from SNA to ORD (Chicago) by then:
Latitude:, 33 41' Longitude:, -117 52' Station Elev. (ft):, 49 (not far from the sea) Time Conversion:, +8 Date:, 09/05/2004 SID:, SNA Station (Type; Name, State):, ASOS; "SANTA ANA, CA"
1553, , 36.1, -2.8, 16.2, 8 ,29.75,6,012 , .00
ie, 3:53PM 36.1C (97F), -2.8C dew pt, 16.2C wet bulb, 8% rel humidity
Note that this was after it was 31.1C, 36% 9/4, and 23.9C, 55% 9/3.

You have not spent much time in the SW deserts. Check Phoenix, Tucson, Las Cruces NM or El Paso TX
On 21 Sep 2004 15:04:20 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (likemike) wrote:

Why is that a problem? 50% humidity inside is too high. My house has around 40% humidity inside. My car is about 20% with the A/C on, and it feels great.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Thank you all for the replies. Now I understrand that the new AC works well above it is supposed to do. I will ask my parents to run the fan more often. And I am glad to answer some of the questions ...

My mom is a patient who is sensitive to low humidity. She doesn't feel comfortable with 20 RH as others usually do.

The humidity is measured by a digital meter which is in one of the bedroom. It is not the warmest part of the home, not the coolest part either. My mom uses it all year long and it is fairly accurate. We can see it raise quickly when we turn on her little humidifier in the room.
On 22 Sep 2004 07:39:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (likemike) wrote:

You could use a humidifier. Or probably anything that makes the A/C run less should make the humidity higher, like setting the thermostat higher and using ceiling fans to keep it comfortable.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

You wont know if it is accurate unless you test it to a known source, try outdoors with a local present weather forcast.
likemike wrote:

As someone suggested do measure the outdoor humidity as a check of the calibration of your meter. I have found that meters of all kinds measuring humidity are not very accurate, although that one should seem to be very far off or it is really low. Sorry I don't have any really good, well proven, ideas for a solution. I hope someone has some better ideas. I just have a hard time imagining how it is doing it. The use of a higher speed setting and running the fan after the compressor shuts off are at lest ideas that may help.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Joseph Meehan wrote:

the time. As the humidity level goes down, the ratio of condensation goes way down, too! His humidity gauge is way off! High SEER systems are less efficient at bringing down humidity due to the higher E-Coil temperatures.
<A HREF="http://www.udarrell.com/latent_heat_condensation.html ">