Help needed - Wife has to go.

OK, so I'm in the middle of taping the drywall in my basement. Walls are done with 1st coat and ceiling was next. I was out last night with a group of friends (the fellas) at a long planned Christmas break get-together. There were friends, good friends, that I haven't seen in over a year.
I got in late last night and this morning, when I asked my wife what she did last evening, said, "I started taping the ceiling..." I turned white.
Now, hard as rock, is tape with bubbles under it, tape that a half inch of mud under it, and tape sections that have no mud under them.
ARRGHGGHGHGHHHHH!
<sigh>
What is the easiest/best way to recover from a very bad taping job?

===Make her do it over.

Have a professional come in to fix her fuck up and take it from her private stash. Bubba

Hopefully it's premixed mud. You can slather a thick coat on it, wait a bit for the coat underneath to soften up, and scrape the whole mess off and start over. If it's setting type you're screwed.

Sandable setting-type mud (e.g. EasySand) can be removed with water, too.
--
Regards,
On Dec 30, 7:45 pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Yeah right. I should have said if she used Durabond, he's screwed.

A cheese grater type of file, normally used for Bondo auto body filler, might cut it down pretty well. Don Young