Help needed removing latex paint

While I was painting trim, I somehow got a nice (white) drip running on the wallpaper a few inches away and because of the wild (white & beige) pattern in the paper I didn't see it until it dried. Is there any safe way to lift the drip without damaging the wallpaper? It's about a week old. I don't have any spare wallpaper.
Mike
On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 23:10:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotpotato.com wrote:

There's lots of different types of papers out there. Best case, you've got one with a good vinyl coating on it. You may be able to remove it with alcohol. Try it in an inconspicous area.
Thanks for the idea. I'll give it a try.

Just a follow-up and big thanks because the alcohol trick worked like a charm to remove the week-old dried latex pain from the wallpaper! I used simple CVS alcohol and just rubbed it gently with a soft rag and then just kind of pushed the paint away with the edge of my fingernail. Cleaned it up with some additional alcohol and you'd never, ever know it was there... no stains... nothing.
THANKS!

Try the product called "Goof Off", available at Home Depot and lots of other stores. It comes in a small can. It is very effective at removing dry latex paint, but test first to be sure that it does not damage the wallpaper.
On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 04:46:46 GMT, "Bubba Gump"

I have had better luck with a product called KrudKutter than with Goof Off. I can get a gallon of the concentrated Krud Kutter for about 10 bucks
snipped-for-privacy@hotpotato.com wrote:

Vinyl coated paper? Hot soapy water should work. Formula 409 works great, but careful not to get it on the seams.