Help me repair my Whirlpool washer please.

I have a top loading whirlpool washing machine which was imported to UK. Needed to understand very low filling rate as we are on gravity supply of water and i think it should be on mains pressure?? Noticed the inlet holes on the solenoids are tiny so decided to drill them out to let more water flow. Also took off and cleaned out inlet valves which were sticking. All put back together and flow rate is much better BUT now it does not stop filling up. What have i done to disturb the level switch?? Cannot seem to get the program to run even by manually turning the knob and water flows on any load size setting.

Is it the solenoid jamming ?? Unlikely both would remain open?

Anyone out there know about this machine or should i just scrap it.

Many thanks

Reply to
freddyuk

My guess would be that drilling out the inlet holes caused particles to wash into the valve so they block it from fully closing. Take it apart and clean it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob