Help me find the name of this part as well as a source!

I am using carriage bolts to build a replacement play set for my kids. The old play set (which came with the house) has a number of specialized "washers" which go along with the carriage bolts. The washer has two unique features:

1) instead of a round hole, the hole is square and sized to mate perfectly with the square portion of the carriage bolt shaft.

2) the washer has a couple of spurs (like a tee nut) which prevent it from turning once the washer is drawn tight to the surface of the wood.

I think these washers are nifty, and I need more of them for this project. I've tried Ace, Sears, HD, Lowe's, Menard's, and a couple of local builder's stores with no success. In fact, the workers there have never seen one of these before.

Please help!

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
scott

Wow, I thought for sure McMaster Carr would have them (and might still)... looked for 10 min and closest I found was plane square hole washers. None with the teeth though. (MC carries more hardware than ought to be allowed...)

Even Googled for a minute, but no.

I've seen these washers in the distant past too... don't recall being involved in the project though.

Good Luck!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

When someone else said they could't find them on McMaster Carr's site I saw it as a challenge & got lucky -

'Torque Washers' is what West Coast Lockwasher calls them.

Put that in quotes & put it in Google for some other suppliers--

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

They're called torque washers.