HELP ME!

I just bought a house and the furnace and hot water heater is in the middle of the floor with a brick vent connected to them both. Can I move the both to a corner and knock down the brick vent. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Great subject line...so informative.
--
The fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

On 11/15/2015 10:03 AM, Travis Bickle wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Sure, but you have to move the vent too. Just cut a big slot and slide it over.
Okay thanks so much!
On 15 Nov 2015, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in alt.home.repair:

OK, I'll be right over to help. Give me about 20 minutes, OK? I'm going as fast as I can.
On 11/15/2015 2:54 PM, Nil wrote:

Did you figure for the closed interesection at seventh street? Better figure half hour.
alt.home.repair:

Oh, shit! I'm caught in traffic, and I'm feeling great anxiety!
On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 06:38:18 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Yes.

On 11/15/2015 09:38 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

How do you plan on venting the furnace and water heater if you tear out the brick chimney?
I'm not sure any ideas!!
On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 14:13:00 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

For a 10 or 20 thousand dollars you can rip the house apart, move some walls, rip down the chimney and build a new one.
That brick vent is called a "CHIMNEY".
replace furnace and water heater with direct vent ones. the higher efficency will save you big operating bucks, if you need a new roof, no chimney to repair no flashing to mess with, no chance of future leaks