HELP ME!

I just bought a house and the furnace and hot water heater is in the middle of the floor with a brick vent connected to them both. Can I move the both to a corner and knock down the brick vent. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Reply to
kharekoko09

Great subject line...so informative.

Reply to
Travis Bickle

Sure, but you have to move the vent too. Just cut a big slot and slide it over.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Okay thanks so much!

Reply to
kharekoko09

On 15 Nov 2015, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in alt.home.repair:

OK, I'll be right over to help. Give me about 20 minutes, OK? I'm going as fast as I can.

Reply to
Nil

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 06:38:18 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Yes.

Reply to
VinnyB

How do you plan on venting the furnace and water heater if you tear out the brick chimney?

Reply to
Jack

I'm not sure any ideas!!

Reply to
kharekoko09

For a 10 or 20 thousand dollars you can rip the house apart, move some walls, rip down the chimney and build a new one.

That brick vent is called a "CHIMNEY".

Reply to
Paintedcow

My thoughts exactly.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Did you figure for the closed interesection at seventh street? Better figure half hour.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

replace furnace and water heater with direct vent ones. the higher efficency will save you big operating bucks, if you need a new roof, no chimney to repair no flashing to mess with, no chance of future leaks

Reply to
bob haller

On 15 Nov 2015, Stormin Mormon wrote in alt.home.repair:

Oh, shit! I'm caught in traffic, and I'm feeling great anxiety!

Reply to
Nil