Help is needed for buying a humidifier

Hi, I am thinking of buying a flow through humidifer ( the one that can be mounted on furnace ducts) for my new home. Lennox, Honeywell and AprilAir are my favourite brand names. Based on what I have read from websites, looks like there is not much difference between these brand names. Am I right? I like to install the humidifier myself so I can save some bucks. Apparently, these brand names teach the owner ( I am sure about Honeywell) how to install the humidifier. What's your suggestion? Should I hire a service man to install the unit? Based on your experience (if you have humidifer), insatlling a humidifier makes a lot difference in humidity level? I have read a post that the guy installed a humidifer ,however, the humidity level did not go up very much. Some people are saying it's good idea to use hot water instead of cold water. I know why, but that would cause my energy bill goes up !!. I am living in Canada where the humidity is pretty low.
April Air has a model you set the humidistat once and it tracks the proper humidity based on outside temps.
I know some Honeywell models use H1008 that computes rel humidity. Mainly B models. Like 220B or 260B.
But why bypass? Power 360 can be had from supply houses for less than $200.
Easy to install.

You get what you pay for.....
What a lame observation. By a WebTVer. Yes, you get what you pay for, in terms of possession. But if price were the marker of quality, which seems to be implied with the term, the most expensive contractors would be the best, and Consumer's Reports would be a bankrupt publication. What was the humidifier question?

And this means what???
I would take pretty much top of the line Honeywell Power 360B over shitty a** bypass Aprilaire any day.
Brian
wrote in message

LOL..you mean the one that uses the AprilAire pad in it? LOLOLOL.....
I think you just want to argue..:)
FardinA wrote:

I think you are going to find that around here the clear winner is AprilAir. I do have one and I doubt if I would consider any other brand.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math