Help installing water softener yoke missing

I brought a hydro-quad water softener from someone. As the plumber says it is fine just that it is missing yoke. I called Hydro quad for the part but they are looking for serial number. All I have is a model number so they are not ready to help. One of my friend told me that I have to have yoke from hydro-quad company only. Is that so? Can't I order 3/4" or 1" nylon yoke from some other company and use if with this one?
Please guide me.