Help installing water softener -yoke is missing

I brought a hydro-quad water softener from someone. As the plumber says it is fine just that it is missing yoke. I called Hydro quad for the part but they are looking for serial number. All I have is a model number so they are not ready to help. One of my friend told me that I have to have yoke from hydro-quad company only. Is that so? Can't I order 3/4" or 1" nylon yoke from some other company and use if with this one?

Please guide me.

Reply to
naisargi.pandya

pandya,

If you look on the new water softener you should be able to find the serial number. If you have the owner's manual the location of the serial number may be described. It's also possible that there is a listing of parts in the manual. Or you can phone the manufacturer and get the location of the serial number of your softener. If this is difficult then the plumber can locate the serial number.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

David...if he had the manual or the serial number, he wouldn't be asking for help here, now would he?

Reply to
Craven Morehead

Please post a pic.

Reply to
Lawrence

Attaching the pics.

nancy11

This appears to be some version of a Fleck valve used by many assemblers of water softeners. The plastic yoke (3/4 or 1 inch) at the bottom of the parts list at

seems to be common to several of their models and may fit. At $9.95, it might be worth a gamble if you can't get better information.

SJF

Reply to
SJF

See also the offer of assistance in identification at

SJF

Reply to
SJF

Are you yoking?