Help installing water softener -yoke is missing

I brought a hydro-quad water softener from someone. As the plumber says it is fine just that it is missing yoke. I called Hydro quad for the part but they are looking for serial number. All I have is a model number so they are not ready to help. One of my friend told me that I have to have yoke from hydro-quad company only. Is that so? Can't I order 3/4" or 1" nylon yoke from some other company and use if with this one?
Please guide me.
pandya,
If you look on the new water softener you should be able to find the serial number. If you have the owner's manual the location of the serial number may be described. It's also possible that there is a listing of parts in the manual. Or you can phone the manufacturer and get the location of the serial number of your softener. If this is difficult then the plumber can locate the serial number.
Dave M.
David...if he had the manual or the serial number, he wouldn't be asking for help here, now would he?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Please post a pic.

Attaching the pics.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/naisargi1801/album?.dir=/c1d3scd

This appears to be some version of a Fleck valve used by many assemblers of water softeners. The plastic yoke (3/4 or 1 inch) at the bottom of the parts list at
http://softenerparts.zoovy.com/category/1100 /
seems to be common to several of their models and may fit. At $9.95, it might be worth a gamble if you can't get better information.
SJF
See also the offer of assistance in identification at
http://softenerparts.zoovy.com/category/6100 /
SJF
Are you yoking?