Help installing threshold

Just looking for a few words of wisdom installed a new threshold in place of the broken one seen here:
(Contractor dissappeared on me with the job half done, can't find a replacement.)
I know that the threshold needs to be a little above the tiles. But that's about all I know. Beyond that is it just a matter of mixing cement and creating a bed of cement underneath it of just the right height and putting the threshold on top of it and letting it set?
I would appreciate any advice and/or useful links!
Many thanks in advance!
Aaron Fude