HELP** Indoor Low Voltage Lighting

I hooked up an indoor 12V light in a pantry. I ran the low voltage side to a momentary Normally Closed switch on the door so when you open up the door the light comes on. The problem is when you "break" the low voltage side and then "make" it again (close and open the door) the light won't come on until you switch off and on the 120V AC side of the electronic transformer. Is there a way to keep a load on the DC side? I'm at a loss.
Mark
So I gather that the system is intended to switch the 120V side only? Seems peculiar. How much load is required? Obviously leaving the light on all the time (save your push-button switch for a different project) would work fine. If the required load is on this order, then that is your only option. Of course, you could toss the electronic transformer and get a 12V doorbell transformer instead. The low voltage would be AC but that is irrelevant.

door
transformer.