HELP** Indoor Low Voltage

Hi Mark!
M > I hooked up an indoor 12V light in a pantry. I ran the low voltage side to M > a momentary Normally Closed switch on the door so when you open up the door M > the light comes on. The problem is when you "break" the low voltage side M > and then "make" it again (close and open the door) the light won't come on M > until you switch off and on the 120V AC side of the electronic transformer. M > Is there a way to keep a load on the DC side? I'm at a loss.
Is this transformer something like what a computer's power supply does (switching power supply)? Requires a (sufficient) load to operate. I would try a load resistor (SPDT switch would be easier) but I'd have to experiment with various values -- having an electronics junkbox helps!
Quite frankly it would probably be easier to just replace the electronic transformer with a regular doorbell or power transformer.
(Computer-selected tagline - hmmmm!! <g>)
- » barry.martin■AT■thesafebbs.zeppole.com «
* No user serviceable parts inside.
--
■ RoseReader 2.52ß P003186
■ The Safe BBS ■ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971