HELP** Indoor Low Voltage

Hi Mark!

M > I hooked up an indoor 12V light in a pantry. I ran the low voltage side to M > a momentary Normally Closed switch on the door so when you open up the door M > the light comes on. The problem is when you "break" the low voltage side M > and then "make" it again (close and open the door) the light won't come on M > until you switch off and on the 120V AC side of the electronic transformer. M > Is there a way to keep a load on the DC side? I'm at a loss.

Is this transformer something like what a computer's power supply does (switching power supply)? Requires a (sufficient) load to operate. I would try a load resistor (SPDT switch would be easier) but I'd have to experiment with various values -- having an electronics junkbox helps!

Quite frankly it would probably be easier to just replace the electronic transformer with a regular doorbell or power transformer.

(Computer-selected tagline - hmmmm!! )

  • No user serviceable parts inside.
Reply to
barry martin