Help identifying my wood furnace

I recently acquired a wood burner which I believe was made to be hooked up to an existing duct system. I think it's only meant to supplement a gas furnace. I'm planning on using it in my garage. The sticker with the unit's information is mostly burned away. I'd like to know a little about its specifications. The guy I bought it from said the brand was "Energy Systems". I couldn't find any reference to this name while searching on the web. Maybe he has the name wrong. Its outside dimensions are

20"W x 36"H x 29"D. It stands on four legs, without the legs it's only 24"H. It has a 14 x 14 door in the front with a round screw out damper disk for combustion air. A 6" round flue hole is on the back and an 8" round hole is on the top. On the bottom there is a 3 3/4" square hole with four holes around it for screws. The bottom hole and the top hole direct room air through a cavity around the firebox. My guess is that a blower is supposed to mount on the bottom and blow warm air out the top hole. There is a three piece cast iron grate on the inside. The outer shell is sheet metal with cross breaks in it. The sides are painted green which looks to be the original color. I'd like to identify this unit so I could find the proper blower for it. I'd also like to know it's BTU rating and how much it cost new. If anyone has any information I'd me much obliged. Thank You,

xyz

Reply to
xyz

In line....

If it is a wood burner, the BTU's are the heating value of the wood being burned, not the heater itself....

Reply to
HeatMan