HELP! I cannot believe trouble changing Electrolux brush belt

Hi all.... I have an Electrolux Discovery II (1990? model) upright with a broken brush belt.
I disassembled the head and removed the broken belt and got the correct new belt.
Now I see unusual difficulty.
Of course I need to remove the brush roller and slip in the belt.
I took the two coarse self tapper screws around the bearing mounts out.
Now I am lost...it looks like a wedge keeper in each side bearing cap should be pulled. Needle nose or gas pliers. They do not move.
If you push the brush from the bottom..it does not pop the bearing caps and break loose. If you push hard you bend and potentially break the body.
I Googled for a schematic and can't find one. I cannot even find my Model Number!! It is a Discovery II with a paper applique s/n U24645E
can anybody give me some direction on removing that brush and /or the bearing mounts?
thanks in advance for your time
Carl,
What a badly designed web-site. Impossible to find anything there. Finally found an owner's manual but it does not describe changing this belt. There is a phone number. 1 800 243 9078
Good luck, Dave M.
I emailed electrolux re discovery II and they answered:
Thank you for your email to the A.B. Electrolux Group.
Your product was manufactured by a different company, Aerus LLC. To receive additional product service information, you can visit Aerus LLC's website http://www.aerusonline.com or you can contact their Customer Service Department at 1-800-243-9078.
If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.
Sincerely,
Isaura
A.B. Electrolux Group
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:04:57 -0700, "Roger Taylor"

great newssgroup...thank you both for your efforts.
After humiliatingly sharing my problem with a couple of neighbors.... I finally ate my pride and CALLED A VERY NICE dealer.
The solution.....they get jammed with crud so you need to ....GENTLY..but persistently tape the roller brush UP ..with a HAMMER (preferably nylon or wood head) .
I slapped my head and thought... of course!
So I tapped... and tappped...you gotta have patience.
The one side broke loose in about 5 minutes.
Finally after about 30 minutes of tapping the other side broke loose.
The belt is on... and the machine is running fine.
I warn anyone that reassembling ...putting the cover back on the head is NOT EASY.. Again...don't force anything and have a lot of patience.
Be aware ..if I did not make it clear...surprisingly... initially looking at the problem ....you could not see ...as an amateur opening vacuums... you could not see how the brush bar was firmly retained in the mounting. There was so much crud and the lack of a definitive hold down screw...left you scratching your head a bit. Those screws must pinch the mounting groove. Kinda strange.