Help! Home, One Room AC

G > Hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question, but I'm thinking about G > buying a one room AC unit that hangs out a window. At the warehouse G > store, they have several units plugged in and just sitting there, not G > haning out a window. The units seems to work OK, they are pumping out G > alot of cold air, and they are on all day long. Why is it they are G > suppose to hang out a window? What would happen in my house if I just G > set it on a table?

You'd have cold air on one side of the table and warm air on the other, mixing and the net effect is nothing. Well, actually it would probably get warmer in the room.

You need to hang the a/c out the window to move the hot air from the room to the outside. The walls, floor and ceiling are barriers to (attempt) to keep the cold air in.

* 1971: KEG 2001: EKG
Reply to
barry martin