HELP! hideous concrete color

After patiently waiting for 12 years, I finally have a lovely patio. The sealant was sprayed this afternoon and has dried. But the orange accent color is too strong and overwhelming. Is there any way I can subdue it? I'm too embarrassed to call the men that did it. They did exactly what I asked them to do!

Reply to
corajudd

On 15 Jul 2006 17:35:18 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com quickly quoth:

Yes, call them and maybe they'll give you a discount for redoing it. Besides, it'll give them great satisfaction that you finally agree with their silent opinion of the color.

-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Wait.

Don't do anything for a couple weeks.

Your opinion of the color may change.

There's always a way.

They've heard it before.

I'm sure you don't expect them to change it for free.

Reply to
TheNIGHTCRAWLER

I would call them back at once . They color may fade with time or it may be a matter of applying a new sealer coat.

They have almost certainly had this happen before. If they tried to talk you out of that color they may be expecting your call.

I once painted a bedroom a nice peach color, looked great on the sample but three 8 x 10 foot walls was a bit overpowering.

Reply to
marks542004

My wife's business is painting. Her policy is for the customer to purchase his/her own paint. Even so, it's very common for people to call and say "it's too dark" or "I don't like it." In fact, her current customer did just that.

It's rather difficult to look at a paint sample---especially a dark paint---and realize how that sample will look on a wall or elsewhere.

Call 'em up, tell 'em you love it but your husband hates it....

Best -- Terry

Reply to
prfesser

With the sparse info suppled, no way of telling what is required to change the color. If it was a new stamped concrete patio, it ain't gonna be easy or cheap to change. If it was some type of color coating applied to an existing concrete, then it may be a lot easier.

I would start by calling back the company that did it. They are in business to make money and you aren't the first customer that changed their mind. As long as you are not blaming them for the look, they will be happy to get the job to do it again.

Reply to
trader4

Area rugs?

Reply to
HeyBub

When we bought out current hose my wife went to the paint store to pick out a color for the family room. She wanted a nice peach color too. It looked like a gallon of Pepto Bismol. I had to leave town that day to have our old house packed up and stuff moved, so painted with whatever she bought. Seven years later (when I repainted) it still looked like a room full of Pepto Bismol. She's no longer allowed to choose wall colors. ;-)

Reply to
Keith Williams

First off give it a few days, it may tone down a little bit. Not knowing what they used makes it hard to give sound advise. Alot of products out there start off alot brighter than they end up after a while. Find out if what they use has uv protectant in it. As for calling the contractor back....I've done flooring for 21 years, the last 10 in the epoxy coatings industry. From that perspective....Every once in awhile I get a call back and the customer will tell me "this isn't what I picked" or "the sample didn't look like this"..."Fix it". More often than not in these circumstances I end up doing added work at my cost just to keep a customer happy. If I do a job well, they tell 2-3 people, if they feel I do a job bad, they tell

20 pe> After patiently waiting for 12 years, I finally have a lovely patio.
Reply to
steve