Help -gurgling noise, sli

Tony:

TW> Looking for some plumbing help here. Our house has 2 full baths which TW> share the same common line. We use the second floor tub/shower, but TW> not the first floor. Over the last few days we've noticed that the TW> first floor tub makes "gurgling" sounds and has a slight backflow into TW> the tub while someone is taking a shower on the 2nd floor. The TW> drainage in the second floor tub is ok, but there can still be some TW> pooling while taking a shower. I have cleaned out and built up hair, TW> and have also plunged the tub, which helped drainage for a few days. TW> TW> Is there anything I should or can check to see where the problem is, TW> or should I contact a plumber?

Sounds like you need to contact RotoRooter. Do you happen to have a big tree near your sewer line? Probably roots in the sewer, which are trapping toilet paper and "other stuff", causing the main sewer to drain slowly. You're not getting a backflow into the second floor tub because it is on the second floor! That water is draining into the main sewer, but not fast enough, and backing up and out the first available exit: lowest is the tub, second-lowest is the toilet, third- lowest is probably the washing machine's drainpipe. (You don't have a basement, do you?)

  • Politically Corrections: Hunter = Animal Assassin
Reply to
barry martin