HELP: GE Profile Arctica 25 water freezing

Hi all you wizards of heat and cold:

I'm hoping someone out there can give me some hints.

I have a GE Profile Arctica 25 refrigerator (18 months old). About 2 weeks ago we returned from a weekend out of town to find the freezer door had been left slightly open. We cleaned everything thouroughly.

A day or so later we noticed that water would not dispense and the water "tank" had froxen. Also all of the fresh vegetables in one of the lower bins had frozen. We also noticed that the doors would not get "sucked" shut after closing the doors.

Today we removed everything to our outside fridge, unplugged the Arctica and let it completely defrost. Cleaned up all the excess water.

Plugged it back in and the water worked fine and the vacuum pressure really sucked the doors closed hard. A few hours later (with no food placed back inside) new ice was in the icemaker and the water lines were frozen again.

Any ideas on what I can do to resolve this problem. I have both temperature settings at 6 as they have been for the past 18 months.

Thanks!

Eric Taggart Irvine, CA

Reply to
et