Help! GE early 1960s electric stove

Greetings!
I have an early 1960s GE stove without a model number on it. The schematics say that it is an M64-M65, and the schematics do match the wiring from my checks.
My oven switch has given up the ghost.
Does anyone know where I could get a replacement switch or a generic one that might do the trick?
Thank you in advance!
Rich
Oven switches are most easily found in new stoves. For cryin' out loud....1960s??? Get a new stove! :-)

Hey *I* have one of those stoves! (Not looking to give out a switch, though, thank you.) And one of those ovens, too. They're white and the stove elements heat up unevenly, and the enamel is chipped all over.
But they work .... electric response times are so slow my decent pans distribute the heat. Big turkeys bake beautifully in the 1960 GE oven.
And everytime I think the next big project in the house will be the kitchen, I always decide something else, like new windows, takes precedence. Because the new windows work so much better than the old windows, but the 1960 electric stove and oven still work.
When I hear aquaintances, and mavens on cable TV decorating shows cackle over how someone still have an Olive kitchen appliance just screaming '70s and therefore old old old, I smile. My stuff pre-dates Olive. And predates Harvest Gold, too :-)
Banty

Olive predates harvest gold... I think you're thinking of coppertone, with highlights... =:-)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (HA HA Budys Here) wrote in Doug Kanter says...

Ah, but did it predate the yellow, pink, turquoise, and cocoa of GE's appliance line?
--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
If you have enuf money to buy a computer you should get a new stove.

Could be he simply _likes_ his old GE stove and wants to keep it. I have a friend who recently a restored late 1930s stove for their new kitchen. It's a beauty!
--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
I'd hate to see the condition of the wires in that stove. My parents house was built in the late 50's. A few years ago a basement ceiling fixture went bad and I volunteered to change it out. Couldn't believe how brittle the insulation was in the house wiring. Fortunately he moved finally and it is someone else's problem.

On 14 Jul 2004 08:19:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@alum.mit.edu (Dr. Rich Staats) wrote:

Keep the range and get your parts at Pearsol Appliance, Dallas 214/939-0930. I've never called for anything they didn't have.

You looked in the usual places like on the front frame of the stove where the oven door or drawer shuts up against, under the surface elements (on some models)?

Those look like parts of 2 different model numbers or maybe date codes. I don't have a listing for any GE range model numbers starting with the letter "M".

GE is pretty good for stamping part numbers on their parts. Have a look to see if there are any numbers starting WB... on the original. If you can provide that, we may be able to trace them to a current replacement.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+GE+range
=~~~~~~
snipped-for-privacy@alum.mit.edu (Dr. Rich Staats) wrote in message

Hi,
Which one, selector or temp control? *Some* of these older parts had part #'s printed right on them, might be able to check local parts depots with these part #'s....post them/it here as well! :)
http://www.itsnla.com / Might be able to help as well.
jeff Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
040714 1119 - Dr. Rich Staats posted:

You can put the part number in the search here:
http://www.partselect.com/default.aspx?source=gaws&term=ge+range