Help - Freezer door won't stay shut

I have a two year old Sears refrigerator with a freezer compartment on the bottom. In the past couple of weeks the magnets holding the freezer door closed are not longer effective; every time the refrigerator door above it is shut the freezer swings open.
What are some possible causes of this? Is there an easy fix? I'd rather not pay for a repairman to come to the house if it's a simple problem.
TIA.
Don't shut it so hard and fast. There s a duct carrying cold air from the freezer section to the refrigerator section. When you close the door hard, a pressure wave travels through that duct and opens the door to the other section. The freezer compartment is usually smaller so there is less volume to absorb the air pulse traveling through the duct. f you close the refrigerator door slower, the air will go out around the refrigerator door and not travel through the duct between compartments.
Stretch
I don't know much about freezers, but that won't stop me from offering advice...
My refrigerator door wouldn't stay shut. We paid the service man $100 to replace the hinges. After I saw how easy the fix was, I felt rather silly about not having done it myself.
Our freezer frequently will not stay closed. The problem is always something sticking out a bit too far; but I am sure you have made sure that is not the cause.
a lot of refrigerators have hinges that adjust
On 9 Jul 2005 13:33:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

More magnets. Maybe Velcro.
Raise the front adjustable legs , it may be set level or not angled enough. Try cleaning the magnetic strip, if it is black it is mold , use bleach.
You stuck your dead wifes body in there. You should have made her go on a diet before you killed her. She's just too fat !!! Maybe a bandsaw could be used to remove some of the excess fat....