Help find a trimmer switch

My Black and Decker Grasshog CST1000 electric trimmer had a bad switch. The circuit got stuck closed. We opened the handle and disconnected the wire to stop the motor. The little brownish 1'' x 1/2 '' rectangle box must be the switch. It's marked with DEFOND 20.5 A 16(6)A SE4T105

I called the service center. Before they ordered the part for me, can I find the part somewhere on the Web so I can verify by the picture? They told me to search on dewaltservicenet.com but I didn't find it there. Thanks for help.

Yong Huang

Reply to
Yong Huang

If the trimmer is less than two years old, send the whole contraption to B&D. They'll fix it free. You can tell the date by looking for something stamped in the plastic of the form: "200747" (means the sucker was built in the 47th week of 2007).

We just sent our Grasshog to our local service center because the big internal gear was no longer a gear.

I suppose if you wanted to do the work yourself, you could send them the defective switch and ask for an exact replacement.

Reply to
HeyBub

Thanks. The trimmer is much more than two years old.

I'll think I'll just order the part. I found the Web site selling Defond parts. But they sell directly to OEMs only.

Yong Huang

Reply to
Yong Huang