Help: Condensation in Furnace

I have an 11 year old Rheem gas furnace. I have been running the AC over the last several days and the air circulates through the furnace. Tonight I went to change the air filter and found the bottom of the filter was all damp. There was also some moisture that accumulated in the bottom of the unit. It is humid here today.

In all my time that I have owned this furnace I do not recall having any condensation inside the unit. Any thoughts about what is causing this? Is it okay to run?

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Lemon Drop Kid

Clogged condensate drain would be the first choice. Or a drain tube that has been bumped upward instead of slopeing downward.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Leaky AC drain pan, or plugged AC condensate drain. Greg

Reply to
Greg O