Help! : ceramic tiles for the kitchen

Hi all! Boy, do I need help!
My kitchen floor is concrete and is cracked and un-level.
I'm planning to tile using ceramic tiles.
Should I use underlayment? If I do, how do I secure it to the concrete floor?
Also, what can I do about the un-level floor?
Thanks in advance!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (harrypotter) wrote in

This article should give you a start.
http://oxygenbleach.com/cgi-bin/column?365
Yes yes yes... Use underlayment and make sure it is level. You'll have nothing but problems if you do not.

Hi, Would you please explain how I should secure the underlayment to my concrete floor? I know if I had a wood floor, I could just screw it down. Should I use glue?
Also, how would I get the floor level before the underlayment?
Thank you all!