Help bfore the wife comes home! (What makes a kettle black?)

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 12 May 2012 22:05:16 +0000 (UTC), Bill Keefer

Sorry, but you are screwed. Only thing that works is abrasives and lots of scrubbing. You may want to try one of those green scrubbie things from 3M with a sponge on one side. If that does not work well, go right to the steel wool or SOS pads.
Green Works dish detergent work well too.
On Sat, 12 May 2012 19:21:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Actually I had used them BEFORE posting that picture!
The fact they did nothing was what prompted me to ask you guys.
I 'think' the heavy dose of chlorine is helping - although I got a drop in my left eye when I dunked the pot in a bucket and the bubbles from the spout shot up straight into my face.
On Sun, 13 May 2012 00:37:04 +0000, Arklin K. wrote:
The wife came home! I quickly pulled the pot out of the bucket of chlorine and placed it on the stove after looking like I was just cleaning it off.
She noticed it was different - but not that it was ruined! http://www.picupine.com/fbb50abx
Whew!
On Sun, 13 May 2012 01:28:26 +0000 (UTC), Bill Keefer

The divorce papers will arrive on Monday! Be sure your pen is filled with ink.
On Sun, 13 May 2012 02:37:43 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

No divorce, but why Bill thinks I don't read ahr every night, I don't understand.
Mrs. Keeler
Best post of the year.

No divorce, but why Bill thinks I don't read ahr every night, I don't understand.
Mrs. Keeler
On Sun, 13 May 2012 02:37:43 -0500, tangerine3 wrote:

It was a wedding gift and we've never been able to find one like it. http://www.picupine.com/f2df5d5x
On Sun, 13 May 2012 12:47:04 +0000 (UTC), Bill Keefer

After reading that this was a wedding gift, that just confirms the divorce. It might even be a DOUBLE divorce because of the circumstances.
(Look on ebay, you can find anything on ebay except cheap shipping.)
As a last resort, you might go to alt.marriage.repair!!!! There might be someone selling some new fangled, marriage repair power tool. Harbour Fright might have one too, but make sure it has at least a one year guarantee!
On 05/13/2012 01:34 PM, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

I'd really be hesitant to try to repair a marriage with anything from Harbor Freight...
True story though, I have a friend who's a smartass and has a questionable sense of humor (I know, you're shocked) and he looooooves HF. (I've had interminable arguments with him about tools and quality vs. price...) We were walking through the store one day (his GF was shopping at a nearby outlet mall) and he points to the display of kneepads and says something like "I was going to buy these for the girlfriend, do you think she'd like them?" My response was "you'll have to spin that correctly, you know, something like 'but honey, I bought them for US!'"
What I didn't know was that there was a guy walking up right behind us, I didn't realize there was anyone around... thought the poor guy was going to blow out his sinuses trying to stifle himself... bet he had some 'splainin' to do...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On Sun, 13 May 2012 00:37:04 +0000, Arklin K. wrote:
The wife came home!
I quickly pulled the pot out of the bucket of chlorine and placed it on the stove after looking like I was just cleaning it off.
She noticed it was different - but not that it was ruined! http://www.picupine.com/fbb50abx
Whew!
No! No! No!
First you tell her you were attempting to prepare her favorite dish using the pan *we* got as a wedding gift.
Then apologize. I know, you didn't do anything wrong but if you are going to stay married, you need to apologize for something every day. A drop or two of Visine on your cheek works wonders too...just don't get caught.
On 5/13/2012 7:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Thank you for a very entertaining thread. Why is this pot not merely a thing pot that can be easily replaced. In other words, it should be a lot easier thing to replace than a child asphyxiated by chlorine.
As for the picture, it was useless. With my lousy eyes I could not tell anything useful about it.
I do remember a product called Oakite. It seemed to be the best for aluminum pots. Its main ingredient was oxalic acid. Nevertheless, it needed heavy application of elbow grease.
--

Sam

On Sun, 13 May 2012 04:44:31 -0700, Salmon Egg wrote:

It was a wedding gift - and - we've never found another one like it.

Sorry. I shrink them to 640x480 to make it easier on the uploads: http://www.picupine.com/f2df5d5x

Googling I saw a lot of mention of baking soda - but I didn't try it. I have no idea how, chemically, baking soda is supposed to work on the baked on burnt carbon (which is what the black/brown appear to be).

Baking soda is often used as a mild abrasive/polish. Some dentists suggest it for toothpaste.
On Sun, 13 May 2012 12:49:53 +0000 (UTC), Bill Keefer
(What makes a kettle black?):

No neet to be sorry. The rest of us appreciate it and can see it just fine.