Help, attaching wood strip to block wall

For an awning. What is the best way (best inserts an procedure) to do this without making large holes. TIA
Frank

Really depends on what your mounting and how much it weights. Block walls sometimes have grouted cells (4 foot spacing vertically if they are there). It would be good to drill and attach into those. What size of "wood strip" are you planning on mounting? My last patio required a 2x10.
Ideally get a rotohammer and drill holes into the grouted cells and attach to those. Depth will depend on span and weight. If not available you could consider drilling 1/2 holes into the block and using something like these. http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/searchresults.jsp?xi=xi
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/searchresults.jsp?xi=xi
What does the directions/manufacture suggest?
Well if it isn't too heavy, and it is temporary, you can even use a few dabs of construction adhesive on the back. Should hold quite well. I've actually used a couple of good dabs of heavy duty hot glue in the past. It held quite well..

walls
there).
strip"
attach
and
F.H. wrote:

Tapcon screws
-- dadiOH ____________________________
dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
AlanBown wrote:

Awning was the wrong word. Actually a plastic tarp. Will use wood that's approx 1x2x 10 ft and hook some kind of eye hooks to it. It' going to be temporary so I don't want to leave big holes.
Tapcon screws are the way to go!

I was never able to get Tapcon's to grip securely. Obviously I am doing something wrong. Any tip, secrets, word of wisdom? I used the specified carbide bit size, but not with a hammering drill, the excessive drilling may have resulted in oversize hole. Any experience on that? I may also have tried to torque too hard, no wrench just a hand nutdriver.
MG
MG wrote:

My *one* try (some time back) was similar. Tips would be appreciated.
Frank
F.H. wrote:

Nothing special...
1. Drill hole to specified diameter & depth 2. Screw in Tapcon
They hold very welll.
dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
dadiOH wrote:

Thanks, I'm feeling a little optimistic now. :)