Help: Amana dryer lg8109s2

Our dryer quit heating and I read on a web page that replacing the coils will do the trick. My question. Is this the part I should replace?

Thanks,

samson

Only if that's the part that is broken.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A quick search shows you have a gas dryer. If that is correct then I doubt that is the problem. The coils referred to is probably for an all electric dryer and are the heating coils, a very common failure. What you have is the coil that activates the gas valve and those coils seldom give problem. You can check them with an ohmmeter to see if it is open or not.

YOU may need either the whole valve or maybe the igniter. There is also a flame sensor that shuts the gas off after a short period if it does not see the flame. The sensor or ignitor would be my first guess. Maybe you can see if the flame comes on or not and maybe hear the valve opening.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery