Help?

Maybe someone can point me to right newsgroup, I started here because I am subscribed. My neighbor has an old yazoo mower and the blade belt broke. Now no manual and there are 66 belts for yazoo mowers. Called 4 and they said they needed the part number. I need a manual where I can input the Model number of the mower (44-YR302) and get the right size of the belt.

Thanks

Reply to
Retired and hacking

For many years people have taken broken belts to a parts store to match against available sizes. A common scheme is to take home several close sizes to be sure of getting one close enough. If you are a regular store customer, the unneeded ones can be returned, other store policies may differ. It is also easy to simply measure the remains to come up with a reasonable approximation to start with. It's nice to have the parts manual, of course, so keep looking for one. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

do you know how to use a links? click on them.

brought up 91 hits. learn to use it. better see a dr bout that hacking..

the_plumber