Heil keep right on running

I'm working (again) on a Heil. It's about 80K, upflow model. Older one, a 70 or 80 percenter.
Customer's complaint, keeps on running. House gets hot, and they have to turn it off at the swtich on the side of the furnace.
He's changed the you-know-what a couple times. I pulled a wire for the YKW.
So, the fellow called me, and it's running right along. Wants to know if he should change the YKW again. No, don't do that.
Last time it happened, I got him to call me right over. I pulled the main cover, and tapped ont he box with the electric. Went right out. Aha! Relay isn't releasing. Replace the relay.
And a couple weeks later, it's happening again. What's the odds of a bad relay a couple months later? Not all that much.
what's the next couple things to check? Sticky gas valve would cause that problem. Any other common problems?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormonwrote:

Flame away. He posts here because the alt.hvac people know he's an idiot.
Only if you can document that I, personally, have flamed anyone on the HVAC group. I'm one of the most polite people on that group.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormonwrote:

Hey, I typed an answer to your comment. And then seconds later, I remember something more profound.
There was a very drunken man on a public bus. A very fat, and ugly woman said with a sneer "You're drunk!".
The man replied "you're fat and ugly!"
The lady repeated "you're drunk".
The man repeated "you're fat and ugly".
The lady repeated.
The man returned with a big smile "But I'll be sober in the morning!".
My answer to you is that I will learn how to fix Heils.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Maybe you ought to learn who Jesus Christ is...

I doubt that!!!

Shit snipped!!

He can't, his eyes are glued shut!!
~kjpro~

This is Turtle.
Not a chance. Jesus requires you to listen and understand !
TURTLE
Stormin Mormon

I'll agree with that. Education and explaination work on one of them. The other one is usually incurable, except for the healing salve of the Gospel of Christ.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Yeah, you working on it...
Back from the customer's house. The furnace runs great by removing or replacing the heat wire. Lights up, and goes right out. So, the conclusion is either bad wire, or bad T-stat. I pulled the wire myself, and checked that. Not shorted. Conclusion is that the YKW is defective.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Hi Steve@carolinabreezehvac, hope you are having a nice day
On 09-Oct-04 At About 07:31:43, Steve@carolinabreezehvac wrote to All Subject: Re: Heil keep right on running
S> From: "Steve@carolinabreezehvac"
S> idiot
S> message >> Back from the customer's house. The furnace runs great by removing or >> replacing the heat wire. Lights up, and goes right out. So, the >> conclusion is either bad wire, or bad T-stat. I pulled the wire >> myself, and checked that. Not shorted. Conclusion is that the YKW is >> defective.
you can say that again. one day this guy is gonna hurt someone.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "The other day I... No, waitaminit, that wasn't me..." - s.w.
Hi Stormin, hope you are having a nice day
On 09-Oct-04 At About 15:27:09, Stormin Mormon wrote to All Subject: Re: Heil keep right on running
SM> Back from the customer's house. The furnace runs great by removing or SM> replacing the heat wire. Lights up, and goes right out. So, the SM> conclusion is either bad wire, or bad T-stat. I pulled the wire SM> myself, and checked that. Not shorted. Conclusion is that the YKW is SM> defective.
Of course it isn't shorted. can you tell me how I know this? you really shouldn't mess with things you don't know about.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. Car phone answering machine: "Hi, I'm home right now..."- s.w.